Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Church Service

Mother's Day - a day to celebrate mothers which originated in ancient Greece, how wonderful a day.

For Mother's Day I attended a church service with a live four person band who performed beautiful music. The pastor delivered his speech including such references to pearls and diamonds. The pastor then gave out "The New Testament" written in plain english mind you. Afterward a nice dinner of chicken, veg., and potatoes followed. During this dinner however, draws were made. Guess what? I won a draw. My prize is a gift certificate to a certain mall. Not bad for someone who barely wins any draws.

I just wanted to share my experience of something I have not done on any previous holiday and I did enjoy trying something new.

Hope everyone else's Mother's Day was great for you too!!!

0 comments: